Monday, February 28, 2011

His mercies are new every morning

...and we're off to start yet another week.  Monday morning is not my favorite morning of the week, that's for sure.  The to do lists, the week's worth of lunches to be made, the piano practicing, the homework to be reviewed, the groceries to be bought, and the other errands to be completed, it can seem over whelming some weeks.  *sigh*.  I'm off to a better start when I keep it in perspective.  Taking time to connect with my Father, and seek His will for my life one day at a time is never a waste of time.  When considering the tasks ahead for the week I find peace in what scripture tells us in the book of Lamentations...

"Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed,
   for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
   great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, “The LORD is my portion;
   therefore I will wait for him.” 


With that truth in my heart, and that wisdom in my mind I look forward to the blessing of another week on this earth.  More opportunities to love, and serve: as a wife, a mother, a sister, a friend, a daughter-in-law, and so on and so on.  When the temptation is to feel overwhelmed I will stop and remember that His mercies are new every morning, He is my daily portion, and in Him all will come to be as it should be.

Happy Monday friends!


Pin It

1 comment:

Becky said...

Thanks so much for this, Sherri!
Yesterday at church we sang Baloche's "Hosanna" and it struck me like never before: "when we see You, we have strength to face the day." So what if I DON'T look to Him?.....