Friday, April 15, 2011

Sharing a little scrappiness

Sadly my husband's uncle passed away this past week.  He'd only been sick for a couple of months, but got increasingly sicker, quickly.  On Tuesday night, he went home to be with Jesus.  I know somewhat of how his children are feeling.  I've been there myself, and although my mother left this world 10 years ago, there is still a dull ache for "all that could have been" had she still been around.  My heart goes out to the family.  I spent a couple of hours yesterday making sympathy cards.  It brought me joy to be able to create something for each of Uncle Peter's children, a little bit of my love and care for them put together with paper and glue.  Here are a few...




I also had some time to finally crack open my lovely April Kit from My Scrapbook Nook, featuring Echo Park.  The picture in the layout is of poor quality, but I guess that's how it goes when you're trying to squish 5 people into one shot, in a gondola traveling high above the mountain tops of Colorado.  The journaling reads: After 35 years of being afraid to try downhill skiing, I took the plunge, and now the whole family enjoys the sport!

Spring Fever, an online crop is happening this weekend over at My Scrapbook Nook.  Challenges, online chatting, and some great prizes are all waiting for you to jump in and join.  I'll be around for tonight, but the rest of the weekend is jam packed for me.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great weekend!

♥S. Pin It

1 comment:

Pam said...

Sherri, I am so sorry to hear about your husband's uncle. That is so sad.

The cards you made are so sweet and pretty, and I adore the layout you made with the April kit! I myself want to dig into it a little more!

Have a fantastic weekend!