Sunday, May 15, 2011

Happenings

This weekend was a busy one.  I've been solo parenting since Thursday, and will continue to do so until next this coming Thursday.  It's not so bad really, the girls and I usually develop our own rhythm when hubby is away, and it usually works pretty well.  These two people have been a huge help to me, however.  I am so grateful to have such wonderful in-laws in my life.  They love and care for both me and my girls as if we have always been a part of their lives.  They pray for us everyday, and are quick to feed us, and lend a hand whenever the opportunity arises.

Monday we celebrated Théa and Eden's graduation from Music For Young Children, aka MYC.  It's been 5 years of hard work, homework, and hour upon hour of practice.  It all paid off on Monday when they received their trophies, and Moonbeems III certificates.  Their teacher has been a real source of support and inspiration for all of our girls over the past 8 years.  We'll still see her for a couple of weeks as she prepares the girls for their Grade 1 piano exams, but she will surly be missed once it's all over.





This week we've been back and forth to the Manitoba Dance Festival for the younger two.  So far Théa has competed twice.  Monday was for a Ballet Trio, for which they won gold.  Yesterday she, and her two buddies competed with a group of 11, 12, and 13 year old kids, they did great, and also won a gold for their hard work.  Tomorrow we'll be at the Festival all day long, as both Théa, and Eden compete in two Jazz dances each.  They look so darn cute in their costumes.  It's a good thing I'm not an adjudicator, as I would totally dole out awards based on cuteness, hee hee.  Check out these costumes for their duet and trio I don't yet have one of their group performance.

They will be dancing to Surfin' Safari by The Beachboys

The older girls are dancing to Rockin' Robin.  Their cute little bums are completely covered in red feathers :)  (Don't worry about that pink thing, she's holding her other costume.  In my tunnel vision I didn't even notice it in the shot)
That's it for me, for now.  I did do some scrapping on the weekend, I'll share those layouts with you soon.

Here's to a safe and healthy week!

♥ S. Pin It

No comments: