Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Scrapping Everyday Miracles

Yesterday while checking in on a blog I frequent, I discovered a new Christian based Scrap Site called Scrapping Everyday Miracles.  Here's what they have to say about themselves ..."We are an inspiration challenge blog... we want to encourage you to look at what God is doing in your life and scrap about it. He has blessed us with such wonderful talents and should glorify Him with them"  I think this is so exciting as it would seem that they've taken my vision for a simple blog and turned it into something even bigger and better, and able to reach more people.  The site doesn't actually go live (designers, challenges, etc) until June, but in an effort to help get the word out, they've created a fun and inviting home page and already have a wonderful prize pack to give away to one lucky person.  I'm pretty excited about the launch of this site.  I've found so many, many blogs out in the blogusphere that center around scrapbooking.  Some only post photos of layouts and cards, while some include a little more personal information related to their life, but few are openly Christian.  Perhaps it's because of fear that visitors will be offended.  Perhaps it's because it's hard to put into words how being a follower of Jesus impacts our everyday lives.  Perhaps it's because we assume our readers will simply pick up on this important part of who we are simply by keeping up with our blogs from week to week.  I can't speak for others, but I know for me it's a little bit of all the above.  Through this site I'll be challenged to live out my faith more through scrapbooking, and that gets me pretty excited for things to come.  In addition to the fabulous giveaway, they are also holding a DT call.  Applicant duties are listed on their page.  It sounds like a potentially great team to be on.  I've never applied for a DT position before, but really think it's time to change that.  I've decided to throw my hat in the ring here.  How wonderful it would be to be able to call this place home.  I know it's a very long shot, but I'm going to go for it.  Sometimes I struggle with pride, and putting myself out there.  Fear of rejection, or failure can keep us from experiencing wonderful opportunities in this life.  I want to be the kind of example to my girls that shows them that it's not only okay to take risks in life, but mandatory if we are to truly allow God to work through us.  Scripture tells us that, not only does He choose to accomplish His will through us, but that he delights in us, and wants to do in us more than we could ever think or imagine.  His will can only be fully accomplished in and through me when I give over control.  So here's me.  Letting go...  For more on how you can possibly get your hands on these goodies ...
















Or simply to check out what this fabulous new site is all about hop on over here.  Who knows maybe I'll see you around?!

Happy Wednesday all,

♥ S. Pin It

3 comments:

Tanya said...

You are so so great and I wish you the best of luck my dear friend :) I have watched your scrapping evolve and think you are better than ever...I enjoy coming here and even tho I dont see or talk to you nearly enough I feel connected to you through here :)

xoxo... t said...

Go for it, Sherri! Good luck :)

Carla Anne Coroy said...

I so think you should be on that team!!!! :) Not only are you a fabulous sister in Christ (and law) but you are an amazing scrapper! luv ya!