Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Cosmo Cricket Love

I received my July Kit from My Scrapbook Nook yesterday, much to my delight.  I wasn't expecting to receive it until much later in the month due to the postal strike, but yippee, it was waiting for me in my mailbox yesterday.  It is full of Cosmo Cricket goodness.  Normally, I find Cosmo wonderful to look at, but difficult to use.  This 5 and Dime line, however has got the mojo going.  Here are two layouts I created yesterday afternoon.
Eden in mid air at the school playground


I had so much fun with this one.  It came together in about an hour.  I love the added touch of the embroidery floss on the Maya Road canvas tags.

The talented Jessy posted another fun sketch challenge over at the Nook.  Not sure how it is that hers are the only ones I manage to complete, but hey I guess that's a good thing.  

Here is Jessy's sketch:
And here is my take on it:
I hand cut most of those large flowers from a sheet of patterned paper (the one in the bottom right corner, however is a chipboard sticker).  This layout took me much, much longer than the first.  I played around with the composition a lot more before finding something I was satisfied with.
I've had these photos of Belle & me at the lake, all year, but was never really happy with the layout I'd come up with to scrap them, so they've sat untouched until now.  I flipped the sketch, and made some minor alterations to suit my needs, but am very happy with the final result. 

What kind of creative projects have you been up to lately?

Thanks for popping in.    Have a great day!

♥ S.

Pin It

4 comments:

Pam said...

LOVE these Sherri! I love the banner you made with the canvas tags, I have yet to do anything with those!!! And your take on Jessy's sketch is gorgeous! Love the journaling:) and the handcut flowers are the perfect touch! Can't wait to see what else you make with the kit!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Love both of your layouts Sherri! You and your dd are so adorable! Love those photos! I just recieved my kit this evening but I'm thinking it might have to wait its turn while I crack open those last ones.LOL!

Jessy Christopher said...

Such beautiful layouts! I love your take on the sketch, the cut-outs are lovely. Of course the first one is awesome too, got to love the stitching!

scrapbookertink said...

Gorgeous layouts and pics on here.