Thursday, July 7, 2011

How much browner can a brown woman get?

This in not a riddle folks.  I am seriously wondering.

With the warm, warm...okay, who are we kidding hot, hot weather we've been having lately I have been just getting browner and browner.  It's to the point that I almost do a double take when I look at myself in the mirror.  I suppose it's what you lighter skinned peeps love to see when this time of year rolls around.  I don't have the same love affair with darker skin.  On me, that is.  I think I'm plenty dark enough, all my make up suits my 'normal, 8 months of the year' skin tone, and I like it that way.  However, I'm not complaining about the heat, I love it actually.  I finally invested in some sun BLOCK, and will be using that from now on rather than the sun SCREEN I had been using.

As previously stated, we've been outside quite a bit.  I've taken several shot of the girls, at the beach, and the water park.  The girls are beautiful, the shots are not.  I really, really need to invest in a reflector if I want to have better images of them in the bright, beautiful sunshine.  Until then, I won't let the shadows keep me from snapping away.  So with all that outdoor activity comes little time to blog about our goings on.  I can say this for the past few days however,  I've been contemplating what it means to live with purpose, and to raise my children in such a way, I've been contemplating ways to live on less, and save more, and I've been contemplating ways to have my girls (and me) memorize more scripture, to really fall in love with the written word of God.  I've not arrived at many conclusions yet (shocker), but I have something on the go that seems to have brought out the best in my girls, and that makes life richer for all of us under this roof.

That's it for now, I'll leave you with the scrappy creations I spoke of in my last post.  Although, you'll notice there aren't too many cards, that would be because yours truly actually forgot to take pix of all the teacher's thank you cards before sending them off :(
Théa & Eden'sTap 3 Class at Kick It.  This was the last day of classes before the recital, so they're dressed in costume and having a ball.

detail shot

another detail shot of the cute pin and ribbon

All 3 girls in one shot - whoot.  There's hidden journaling to them in the pink pocket at the top of the photo.

detail shot of the layering

I know....winter photo in the middle of summer.  But I love this girl, and I love this photo, so there :)

a peek at the hidden journaling.

A card I made for the July Color Card Challenge over at My Scrapbook Nook.

I can't remember if I've shared this one or not.  I made it for a challenge over at My Scrapbook Nook last month.  It's hard to get photos of this girl, she's getting much better though.  I will place a note to her in that sweet little envelope (to discover someday down the road).


Have a great rest of the week friends,

♥S.
ps. It's late, and I'm too tired to proof read, please excuse any spelling/grammatical errors.  Thanks. Pin It

2 comments:

xoxo... t said...

Beautiful LO's! Hope you have a great summer, Sherri :)

Pam said...

I adore your scrappy creations!!

I am not sure what type of camera you have, but when I take my beach shots and any outside sunshiney shots, I use a lens hood and change my white balance to the sunshine setting. That will help with the shadows a lot more then if you are just shooting on auto. Even if you are just shooting with a point and shoot, you should still be able to switch it into aperture priority mode or P mode and change the white balance, you might have to look it up in your camera manual though;)