Monday, July 25, 2011

Scrapping Everyday Miracles

It was a while back that I mentioned this new Christian based scrapbook site called Scrapping Everyday Miracles.  I've been keeping up with them in spirit only thus far, as it was so busy the last month of school, and then being away at the lake.  Last week however I had a chance to participate in my first scrappy challenge with them.  The challenge was to scrap a layout using lyrics of a Christian song to inspire the layout.  I took this picture while driving home from the lake one Sunday evening last summer.  I've used it several times while leading worship, or a  devotional time with my group, etc.  The photo doesn't boast the best lighting, but even still, one is able to see the rays of light cutting through the sky, and flowing down from the Heavens to earth.  That is my favorite kind of sky, aside from the Harvest moon.  I always imagine that it's the result of God pulling back the curtain of Heaven to have the angels, and those that have gone to join Him before us, to reveal what His children are up to.  The song that rose up in my heart as I was looking at it last week was on oldie called "Be Still And Know".  I thought it had been DC Talk who sang it, but I can only find a Newsboys version.  Perhaps I remember wrong.  At any rate it's the same song I remember.  You can hear it here if you're interested.  This song takes me back, and the words ring as true today as they ever did so many years ago.  A sky like this causes me to be still for a moment and take it all in.  His great, great love for us, demonstrated by the 'pulling back' of the Heavens and drawing us near to Him.
Materials used: Alphas: Basic Grey & Sassafras, Paper: My Mind's Eye, Studio Calico, Chipboard Heart: Maya Road, Sculpture Flower: Prima, Trim: My Mind's Eye, Embroidery floss: DMC 747
Thanks to the lovely Sasha I've gotten a little hooked on hand stitching :)  I love the tone on tone here, still working on getting my stitches closer together, need to find a proper needle. 

Happy Monday friends.  I hope you'll pop by again soon. Pin It

5 comments:

glorygirl said...

This layout is beautiful! I love the photo and the stitching is amazing!

Elizabeth said...

Sheri this is simply amazing!! I love your clean lines and attention to details! Thanks for playing along in our SEM challenge!
e.

Jeannine said...

Sherri, Psalm 46:10 is one of my favorite verses because I had an experience in October of 2007 when I lost my mom that was life changing for me and God used this verse to speak to me. When I saw this on your blog, I HAD to read the journaling. I just love your view of photos like the one used on your page! I'll never see sights like this again without thinking of what you'd said so thank you for sharing it.

One more thing, scrap related... you'd mentioned that you'd like to make your stitches better... have you ever tried using the Sew Easy tool? I love stitching on my pages but I'm not good with a needle and thread so I bought a Sew Easy and I love it!! Your stitches look great, so I'm not telling you this because I think you need it. Only because you might find it fun to use! :)

Pam said...

This is beautiful, simply gorgeous! That hand stitching is amazing:)

Nicole Brenna said...

This is so wonderful... I love it so much! Thanks for joining us over at SEM! We are so blessed to have you!