Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Lens of my heart

It's a term I've never heard before, but have so often thought of when wanting to savor something forever.  The look on one's face, the glowing clouds in the sky as the sun slips behind them on it's way down.  The sound of my girls laughing and enjoying one another.  Those moment sneak up on us...or do they?  Is it possibly that we're not still enough, aware enough of their comings and goings?  Today's post on the Proverbs 31 blog, was a gentle reminder that we only have this moment.  Nothing else is a guarantee.  As much as there are things that need to be done today, this week, this month.  I pray that I don't live in that undeserved space, the future.  Lord help me to live more fully in the moment of now.  If you'd like to take in the Proverbs 31 post, you can find it here.
source
Cheers,
♥ S. Pin It

1 comment:

Jeannine said...

Sherri, what an incredible picture!! Wow!! It's absolutely breathtaking. At first I thot you took it yourself but then I noticed the "source" link underneath it. Still tho, awesome picture!

You really have a way with words. (I know I've told you that before but it bears repeating. lol) It's so true what you said. The little things that mean so much to us that happen every day but we're so busy with other things we miss it. I like how you said, "I pray that I don't live in that undeserved space, the future." That's exactly what it is, undeserved space. Great post, very thought provoking. TFS :)