Friday, September 30, 2011

School Photos

I don't know about you, but I love getting the school photos of the girls every year.  I know they're nothing special, but they just take me back to the days when I was the one getting my picture taken.  Spending time the night before trying on, and taking off outfit after outfit until I found the perfect thing to wear.  Trying so hard all morning to keep 'the look' just right while awaiting my class' turn for pictures.  Sitting there with the fake smile pasted on my face hoping it wouldn't look fake in the actual picture.  You know.  The problem with the girls' school photos however, is that despite the memories they bring up in me, they look really bland in frames, and are really hard to scrap.  Hence the fact that last year's photo were only scrapped the other day.  I put it off, and put if off, until I just couldn't do in any longer.  I decided to keep it real simple.  The photos are what they are, and there's only so much you can do with a 5x7 Lifetouch photograph.  In the end I think they turned out better than anticipated, well except for Théa's, I think I ran out of mojo by the time I got to that poor girls' photo.  Alas, they all look worlds better now than they did sitting in the envelope in my 'important papers' pile.
Using Cosmo Cricket Circa 1934 papers.
Using Basic Grey Hello Luscious papers
Using Crate, My Mind's Eye, Webster's trim, Sassafraslass alphas, Studio Calico mist (Barnwood)

Any big plans for the weekend?  Ours are pretty status quo from weekend to weekend: Youth Group on Fridays, Dance on Saturdays, Church on Sundays.  This weekend we'll start up our Small Group again.  I'm looking forward to that.  For those who don't know Small Group is a bunch of us who get together (4 couples, 1 single mom, and anywhere from 6-12 kids), have dinner, and discuss Jesus, the Bible, Christian living and how they all relate to our real lives day in and day out.  The kids play, and usually end up watching a movie together.  We rotate from one home to home every other week.   Sometimes we'll watch a dvd, other times we'll read something together, a few times we've done a service project of some type, like working at a food bank, or painting a small inner city community center.  It's been great 'doing life' together with these friends.  Proverbs 27:17 reads "as iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another", and Hebrews 10:24-25 reads "let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, not forsaking our own assembling together, but encouraging one another..."  we want to live by these standards, together.  But before Small Group on Saturday, D and I will watch the Bomber Game (our local football team) and see what will happen with the new QB and running back.  Last week was a horrible week for our beloved team, 3 players out, 2 for the rest of the season, ugh!  Here's hoping 29, 000 people don't freeze their butts off in the cold, at the stadium for nothing.  At least I'll be watching from the comfort of my home with D by my side, maybe I'll make us a yummy appetizer to share.

Hope you've got an enjoyable weekend lined up too.  Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy Friday friends,

♥ S. Pin It

No comments: