Sunday, November 20, 2011

Happy 12th Birthday Isabelle

It was 12 years ago today, after 36 hours of painfully, exhausting labour that our first baby girl entered this world.  Today will be spent celebrating her, in all her beautiful, athletic, saucy, intelligent, funny, sarcastic, lovable self.  After church, it's lunch, then shopping with grandma, capped off with dinner out, and cake with extended family.  My life changed forever the day I discovered I was going to be a mother.  This girl has brought us so much joy in her short life.  Watching her grow into a fine young lady is a pure privilege.  There have been many tears, much heartache, and several moments of wondering if I am on the right track with the mothering thing to be sure.  It's a job I wouldn't trade for anything in the world, though.  It comes with the good the bad, and the ugly.  But all of that is secondary to the incredible way a child fills your heart to overflowing by simply existing.  I saw this quote on Pinterest recently by Rajneesh "The moment a child is born, the mother is also born.  She never existed before.  The woman existed, but the mother, never.  A mother is something absolutely new."  Happy Birthday my girl,  thank you for making me a mother.  I hope you love your day, and that twelve will be a sweetly fun year for you.


Created using Handmade: Studio Calico's November  kit.  Buttons, felt and pin from my stash.  This photo was taken last summer when we went to pick up Isabelle from camp.

Thanks for stopping by today.

♥ S. Pin It

2 comments:

Andrea Amu said...

Aww... this is the sweetest!
Happy Birthday to your dd, and happy 12th year of Motherhood for YOU! I just love that quote and I think I need to steal it for a remembrance book layout! ;)

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Cute photo and fabulous layout! Love the details and design!:) Happy Birthday to Isabelle!