Friday, March 2, 2012

He adores her

Happy Friday,

It feels like it's been a long week around here.  So happy that the weekend is finally here.  Tomorrow I have a breakfast date with one of the cutest 6 year olds I know.  Little Miss Nyah and I will be having a little girl time over chocolate chip pancakes somewhere.  I can't wait. 

I'll leave you with a layout I did about Isabelle and my father in law.  This was taken in Disney while we were waiting for the train at Animal Kingdom.  I just love the look on both their faces.  You just see the love.  These two have a very special relationship.  I think it has to do with the fact that for so long she was the only grandchild that lived here.  (My sister-in-law and her family lived away from Manitoba for several years).   My father-in-law, and mother in law would spoil this girl so much.  One instance that still manages to come up in conversation is when my father-in-law took Belle with him for coffee, once in the morning to Tim Horton's, and then again in the afternoon to Robin's.  Yup, spoiled. 
My Mind's Eye Fun Day line,  with random embellishments from my stash
Journaling reads: adore: verb: to regard with utmost esteem, love, and respect; honor, to like or admire very much. 

I love that they love each other so much, it's something I never got to experience as a child.  My girls,may not know it yet, but someday they'll realize how very lucky they are to have grandparents who are so present in their lives.

I've heard it said that being a grand parent is even more fun than being a parent.  I can only hope that I live to discover if it really is so.  

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you're in for a great weekend.

♥ S



Pin It

11 comments:

Deanna said...

aww! what a great layout, and a precious memory! I love how your journaling is the definition. very fun!

Tara LeClaire said...

Just beautiful

Cara G said...

What a sweet layout! I love your scrapping style, and am super excited to be on the new SEM DT with you.

Jessy Christopher said...

That is just so beautiful!! I love the photo. YOu have beautiful family for sure. Have an awesome time with your lil date :)

Jessy Christopher said...

That is just so beautiful!! I love the photo. YOu have beautiful family for sure. Have an awesome time with your lil date :)

Carla Anne Coroy said...

Super photo and great page! Enjoy your pancakes!! :)

Unknown said...

what a wonderful page - love the photo and the page design

Andrea Amu said...

Very sweet page and photo!
Fun to see them having such a special relationship I'm sure!

danni reid. said...

i LOVE this layout sherri, what an awesome pic too!

pinkalishious said...

Im waiting to get me some of that MME line too, i love your page & how it pops xx

Alex said...

What a sweet topic to scrap! Love that photo. It's filled with love.

Your layout is beautiful, Sherri! Love your design and how you used the envelope.

Hugs to you my friend!