Monday, June 25, 2012

Who Knew

I went to a very small French Immersion school growing up.  So small in fact, that there were only 12 of us in my graduating class.  No, I did not go to school in a small town, it was a city school, but the first French Immersion High School in the division.  One of my closest friends at the time was a girl named Michelle.  Thoughts of her bring back such fun memories.  Going to McDonald's several times a week for lunch.  Driving around in her little red Firefly.  Our weekend shopping sprees to Grand Forks, ND.  Serving together on the student council.  Doing a 'teacher roast' at our graduation.  I have so many wonderful memories of this girl.  After graduation, we tried to stay connected, but I'm sure you know how it goes life just takes it's own twists and turns and one day you realize it's been months since you've seen or spoken to that friend who was once so close.  Well here we are twenty plus years later.  Both married.  Both with three children.  And both with girls who love to dance.  Every year when Dance Competition rolls around, I get excited at the thought of running into Michelle and her girls Madison, and Myah.  Myah, is the same age as Théa, and therefore the two of them find themselves competing against each other in group routines at both CNDC, and the Manitoba Dance Festival.  I have just as much fun cheering on Myah, as I do Théa, and I know that Michelle would say the same.  It may be brief and only twice a year, but I sure love catching up with her and her sweet family at these events.  This year I managed to get a photo of all of us in the same shot (thanks Nicole).  I used the fabulous Lily Bee Design Double Dutch Collection to document the memory.
rest your mouse over the layout to read the journaling
This was my last layout using this collection for Let's Capture Our Memories.  I'm up there today with a post, and a pinwheel tutorial.  If you missed it here on my blog, you may want to pop over there and have a peek.  Next month I have the pleasure of working with Crate Pretty Party.  I can't wait.  Love the colours in that line.  There is still plenty in the shop to be had.  Along with loads of brand new Evalishious, Smash goodies, Elle's Studio and so much more.  Lots of great mark downs up for grabs also.  Please do pop over and check it out.  She has loads to choose from and shipping to anywhere in North America is only $12.

Thanks for popping by today friends!

♥ S. Pin It

10 comments:

Cindy Fortin said...

Great page! I love how you put everything together, and the colors looks well on the white background.

Et contente d'apprendre que tu parles français ;-)

Lilith Eeckels said...

Elle est juste magnifique. Et quel merveilleux souvenir. LOVE your layout.

Tamika said...

That's awesome,catching up with old friends and a photo op! Love the splashes of red on this!

Loni said...

Great page and neat story! Funny how I had a conversation about friendship with my baby bro this morning.

Amélie said...

what a beautiful layout!

Stuff-n-Such By Lisa said...

What an awesome layout and I loved the story behind it!

Gina said...

such a great story Sherri and adore your layout too! :) Gx

Fleursbydesign said...

Beautiful layout great story too :)

Danielle said...

Wonderful layour Sherri! I love everything about it: the story behind it, the pinwheels and your handwritten journaling!!

glorygirl said...

Love the pinwheels - my daughter's been making some this week! Also, love the friendship you've captured here. Sometimes a friendship doesn't have to be every day but still counts! Have a great weekend!