Thursday, July 26, 2012

Her Haircut

It's been a while since I've scrapped just for fun.  Lately my scrapping has been for DT assignments or challenges.  I love both of those, don't get me wrong, but with only so many hours in a day not everything manages to squeeze itself in.

Here's a layout using the May kit from My Scrapbook Nook featuring Echo Park's Graceful collection.
Isn't that kraft doily fabulous?  I have my friend Nicole Nowosad to thank for that.  The best bundle of joy to fit in an envelope ever :)

I had the urge to stitch on my paper, and created two separate focal points for the layout using the stitched circles as anchors.

Notice the stamping going on behind the photo.  That is courtesy of my friend Tish who showed me some fun techniques for stamping.  This, is in fact a piece of drawer liner from the Dollarstore.  Genius!


I've missed scrapping a bit since the laid back days of summer have taken over. But it sure felt good to produce something pretty with no guidelines, no sketches, and no looming deadline.

I hope you'll come back tomorrow I have a fun post to share with you.  I'm teaming up with two friends to bring you twice the fun, and inspiration.

Hope to see you then,

♥ S. Pin It

4 comments:

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Cute layout Sherri! Love the techniques. It is fun to be able to just scrap for scrap sake!:)

Christin aka Umenorskan said...

Lovely layout. I admire your ability to scrap just to scrap. I can't..

Patricia Roebuck said...

Love these circles and design, so adorable! And love that stamping...beautiful!

Jennie M said...

absolutely beautiful!