Monday, July 16, 2012

July Sketch Challenge

It's that time of the month again.  Cara is up this month at Scrapping Everyday Miracles, and she's brought us a Pagemaps Sketch to work with.  I altered my take a little bit (as usual, so it would seem), and also had a little bit of a different take on the twist.

Here's the sketch:
Used with permission by Becky Fleck
My take on it includes photos of Théa and her sweetheart of a friend Sabrina.  These two have been dancing together at Kick It for the past 5 years, it's really hard to believe how far they've come since their days in Tiny Dancers.  They've not only become stronger, more competent dancers, but they've also become good little friends.  They encourage each other, challenge each other other, and best of all have a lot of fun learning together, and hanging out at the studio while they wait for their older sisters to finish class.  Although the photos are not the best quality, which on a side note is something I've gotten over, as I've discovered that things move rather quickly during Dance Competition time.  So much time is spent on costumes/make-up, and rehearsing that photos need to be captured in the precious moments in between all of that other stuff.  The result is often poor lighting, people in the background, and a lot of 'take what you can get' photos.  In the past I've waited for 'a better time' and discovered at the end of the season, that I really didn't get many photos of them in their costumes, and with their friends.  No more of that, I want to capture what I can, so I'll take whatever I can get.  Here are a few of just such photos.  This is the day of their Tap Small Group number.  I'm not sure where the other 2 in the dance are, but these two were with me so I pulled them off to the side to capture a few just for fun photos in the lobby of the Pantages Playhouse.  Sabrina has enough spunk to fill the building, and Théa is trying her best to play it up too.  I thought 2 Cool for School was a fitting title, given Sabrina's facial experession in the photos.  Théa really didn't get it, which just makes me laugh. 

Here is my layout
The twist this month is to use a computer generated element.  I chose to use the Dance Manitoba image as mine. 

Joining us this month will get you into the drawing for the $30 Ormolu gift certificate (which I seriously wish I had a chance at).  All you have to do is complete a layout using the sketch, incorporate the scrap twist and link it up to the SEM blog by July 31st.  You can see what the rest of the DT came up with, and have a peek at the Ormolu goodies here

Thanks for popping in today friends!

♥ S. Pin It

8 comments:

SorayaMaes (So.Creative) said...

Love your take on this sketch Sherri! Bisous!

Deanna said...

I STILL love this collection and you used it perfectly! Great take on the sketch! Thea and her friend are so cute together!

Cara G said...

Love your take on the sketch Sherri!

Amélie said...

beautiful layout!! Like your interpretation!

Gina said...

gorgeous LO, love that circle/wheel :)

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

Super cute page, Sherri, and I love the story behind it. The whell is the perfect touch - very clever idea :-)

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Fun LO and story Sherri! So get the photo thing. Good for you!)

glorygirl said...

Great take on the sketch, Sherri! And I am right with ya on the "perfect" photo theory. I think I've finally gotten it...a "bad" photo is better than none. Especially if I won't record the story without a photo! Love what you did with these fun photos!