Monday, July 9, 2012

Pretty Party Girl


Crate Pretty party is just that, pretty, pretty papers that allow you to capture the beauty and girlieness of a 10 year old's birthday outfit perfectly.  The soft, yet distressed look to the papers are so gorgeous, the pages practically scrap themselves.  This layout came together a cluster at a time.  I love layering, and wanted to create a small cluster of layered goodies in the top right corner, and place my photo cluster to the bottom right corner.

I started with this.
The button and pink brad are from an older Crate Paper collection
I was loving the elements from the sticker sheet and wanted to use as many as I could on this layout.  It's been a while since I've hand stitched on a page, so I wanted to get that in here too.  The gorgeous Evalicious badge was the perfect element to use make this happen.

Here's a better look at all the dimension.

The photo cluster is similar, but larger.
The two doilis, lace, office tag, and alphas are from my stash




More hand stitching, more stickers, more Evalicious, and some Maya Road pins
I've hidden the journaling on the tag behind the photo.
Here is how it all came together.  A snapshot of my daughter's 10th birthday, in her pretty new outfit from her grandparents.
I added just a little more machine stitching to the corners to finish it off
Crate Pretty Party Papers and embellishments are all 40% off in  the store right now.  You can get this collection and more amazing deals here. If new is what you're looking for there are plenty of new release items to satisfy you in that department also.  Check out the new Heidi Swapp for example, it's bright, bold, and full of inspiration.  Regardless of what you're in the mood for the store has plenty to offer, you're sure to find something to suit your fancy.

We are finally off to the lake for the first time of the season.  So I'll be offline for a while.  I'm really hoping to sink my teeth way into The Hunger Games series.  I've been saving up the trilogy to read over summer holidays.  We're all ready to be unplugged for a few days.

Thanks so much for stopping by today, I'll be back soon.

♥ S.



Pin It

5 comments:

glorygirl said...

What a lovely page, Sherri! Beautiful photo of your daughter and the layout design fits the photo so well!

Jody said...

Great LO Sherri! Love the clustering! Cute dress too :)

Stephanie Eaken said...

This is a gorgeous page Sherri! And so is your dd!

Lilith Eeckels said...

This is SO PRETTY! LOVE it!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Oh my sooo cute! Both your DD and the LO! Love all the layering and details!)