Monday, October 29, 2012

Having fun at LGS

We have a treat for you today over at Let's Get Sketchy.

Seeing as this month has 5 Mondays, and not the usual 4 we have played a little game amongst ourselves and lifted one another, in order of offer our faithful members something to join in on this month.  Our fearless leader Brenshevia paired us up, one with another and we were given the task of choosing one of their LGS inspired layouts to lift.  My partner was Eileen, and I chose this gorgeous layout of hers to lift.  This particular layout was based on a colour challenge.  I chose to focus on the design of the layout rather than the colour combo, and had fun playing with it.  I flipped the orientation, and kept the elements together while moving them around my page.
Here is what I came up with.
Using the October kit from Scraptastic
This photo was taken quickly outside the dance studio with just a handful of the girls who were also part of the American Girl movie filming with Théa last month.  Such sweet memories for my girl.  The journaling reads: An opportunity of a lifetime  Getting to dance in an American Girl movie, and meet a bunch of new dancer friends is something Théa will not soon forget.

I loved Eileen's clusters, and had fun creating some of my own.  Using doilies, and carstock shapes.  The key up top is an Amy Tangerine element.  The flair buttons are new to my stash from a flair for buttons, a fabulous new Etsy store discovery. 

Are you up for a lift this week?  Head on over to the Let's Get Sketchy Blog to get the details and choose a layout to lift.  The design team has a lot of inspiration to choose from.  You just may win yourself the Apron Strings grand prize up for grabs this month.  Hope you'll consider joining us.

Thanks for popping by today.  I hope this last week of October is off to a wonderful start for you.

♥ S.


Pin It

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What a great challenge!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee your lo!! LOVING the colors and love love love all the stars!!!!!

Unknown said...

fabulous, loving the colour palette and your sweet embellies

Tamika said...

Wow both layouts are awesome and I am so inspired!

Debbie P said...

I love your layout. (They both are fab!) Love those pp's and the doilies. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love your lift! Great job. Way to go, Thea!

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

Love the colors with your black and white photo! Perfect!

Kathleen
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

Stephanie U said...

Love the blues in this! It turned out perfect!

Jessy Christopher said...

Those are beautiful Sherri!! Love your take on both layouts, the colors are so pretty!!

glorygirl said...

Oh my goodness! What an AMAZING opportunity for her! Love how you you scrapped it!