Monday, October 1, 2012

The Miracles of Fall

Happy Monday friends, and welcome to a brand new week.

The Miracles of Fall is the focus of Scrapping Everyday Miracles Challenge #21

I decided to focus on the blessing of fresh produce.  As gorgeous as the changing of leaves can be this time of year, and the flight of the geese as they make their way to warmer climats, a bounty of fresh vegetables sure can make one feel incredibly blessed.

On this particular afternoon Mom called and asked if she could please bring over some of the harvest from her garden, and that of a friend's.  I wasn't home at the time when she stopped by.  When I came home there were bags full of wonderful smelling red potatoes, huge bright orange carrots, a funny shaped pumpkin, the largest zucchini I have ever seen, along with some glorious smelling tomatoes.  I felt rich, I tell you.  It may not have been worth a lot in monetary terms, but the thought that I had more than I could possibly need on my own, while so many go without was overwhelming.

Where normally, thoughts of Fall conjure up visions of brightly coloured trees, this year thoughts of Fall will remind me of the incredible gift of fresh, brightly coloured produce freely grown and harvested in my mother-in-law's garden.  Many a zucchini bread, and fresh oven-baked potatoes await my family.  Crisp, fresh carrots will satisfy my girls' hunger at lunch, and gorgeous peppers, and tomatoes will garnish many a meal to come.
This Fall we are so very blessed.
Simple Stories Harvest  Lane Collection
So in celebration of Fall, this month our Challenge at SEM is for you to scrap an everyday miracle you've captured in this wonderfully colourful, and refreshing season.  Even if you live in a climate where the change is colours is not as distinct as it is here in North America, there are still miracles happening all the time, all around you.  As always there is a twist...we challenge you to use paint on your layout.  You'll notice, I kind of cheated on that.  I opted for the a Maya Road metallic mist over the paint, because of the overall design of my layout.  But ink, is ink afterall, so please feel free to adjust your own layout as necessary, we won't hold it against you.

You can see the rest of the Design Team's Fall inspired layouts and, get the inside scoop on this month's sponsor right here.  We hope you'll be inspired to join us this month. 

Thanks for stopping by today. 

♥ S.


Pin It

8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What an awesome thing to scrap about!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee this!!! LOVING the photos and the colors!!! Beautiful!!!

Danielle said...

Oh that is so cool, love the colors of your double pagers AND your photos!!
I'm going to our local farmers market this Saturday, maybe I need to shoot some photos there....thanks for sharing!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

How wonderful to have family and friends to bless you with the abundance of their harvest. Lovely pages!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Debbie P said...

What an excellent two page layout! Love your photos!

Tara Elias said...

Great story! Love the LO :)

Tracey Gregory said...

love this double pager and your sweet story!

Lisa H said...

Yummy layout Sherri (LOL). I like how you have the bright photos centralized on the spread. =)

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

Lovely two pager, Sherri! I love how you have focused on the photos, and the embellies are the perfect accents.