Friday, January 4, 2013

Happy Friday

A new year, and endless possibilities for Chic Tags inspired layouts.   Here are some sneaks of the layout I have up on the blog today.  Hope you'll pop over to have a look.

Everyday Life ATC, Autumn Days mini tags
A Camping We Will Go Bunting Alphas
25 Days Tabs
I created this layout to document the fact that even though my brother and I did not have the best childhood we managed to become really good friends in spite of it.  I am so proud of my baby brother, and so thankful to have him in my life.

Journaling reads: "I look at these sweet babies and feel such sadness at knowing the life they had in wait for them.  So much drama, and heartache mixed in with the few real moments of joy and carefreeness.  These little ones heard a lot of negativity in their childhood and experienced a lot of disappointment.  But the Lord is good, and they grew up to lead blessed lives surrounded by people who love them.  Praise the Lord for His loving kindness."

There are some fabulous new Valentine's Day goodies in the shop.  It won't be long before we're caught up on our Christmas photos and ready to move onto all things pink, red, and white.  You can see it all right here.

On another note I am happy to be able to finally let the cat out of the bag and let you all know about a fabulous new opportunity that I've been offered.
This month I will begin a six month DT term with Siobhan, Heather, and their fabulous team of designers from all over the world.  I love what this team is all about.  The second and fourth Tuesday of every month there is a new challenge.  The challenges vary from colour challenges, to product specific and everything in between.  The most important part of each challenge, however is to use your hoarded stash.  We are all guilty of buying goodies, that we forget about, or flat out hoard, and keep around so long that it becomes harder and harder to use.  This challenge blog is a great place to find the inspiration to use it all up.  The announcement, and my first project will be up on the blog next week.

That's it for today.   Thank you so much for popping in.  I'll be back on Monday with a new Challenge for Scrapping Everyday Miracles.

Have a safe, and fun-filled week end friends.

Pin It

7 comments:

beckyjune said...

It is hard to scrap about difficult things like that. I don't scrap about my childhood because I simply have forgotten a lot of it. I think that we do that to try to heal from the bad that might have happened. You have done a beautiful job, Sherri, to focus on the good things. Happy New Year!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What a great challenge site! LOVING the sneaks... off to see!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous layout my friend. And congrats on the new gig!

Debbie P said...

What a beautiful layout Sherri! Bless your hearts. I love this and that photo makes me smile. What a couple of cuties! I love everything about this layout! Fabulous job!

Laurie said...

Sherri, I love your project! The journaling hits close to home for me, my brother and I had it really rough growing up too, my mother died when we were I was 9, him 7 and then we lived in horrible poverty for the next 5 years while my much older father tried so hard to support us. Sadly he died and we went to live with family, but this whole thing scarred my brother terrible, took him a really long time to get over everything...anyway, thanks for sharing, you and your brother were cuties!

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

Your layout is darling, despite the theme you are scrapping about. Fabolous embossed background, and you really know how to use the Chick Tags stuff!

Congrats on your new gig, btw :-)

Tamika said...

Great layout and I like the photo of you and your brother!