Thursday, January 17, 2013

I {heart} To Tap

In case you missed it, I had this layout up on the Chic Tags blog yesterday.

I've been taking a Competitive Adult Tap class for the past few years now, and decided to create a layout in celebration of that accomplishment.  I didn't grow up dancing as just about everyone else in my class did.  I took it up as a hobby after watching the beginner class practice a few times.  They looked like they were having so much fun, I just had to give it a try.  Needless to say I loved it, and was hooked after the very first class.  Here I am 4 years later, having learned so much, getting a pretty good work out, and having a blast with the group of ladies who make up the class.  Competing is a blast, apparently people love to see us 'old ladies' strut out stuff on stage.
I enjoyed using my November kit from Scraptastic Kit Club, my silhouette, paints, mask, and mists on this one.


I'll be back tomorrow with a new layout I created for this challenge over at Scraptastic Book Club. Pin It

5 comments:

Lilith Eeckels said...

This is sooooo amazing. I LOVE everything on this layout. I'd love to see you dance!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors and the banner!! I got to meet Chic Tags at CHA! They were so nice and I featured them on my bloggy yesterday! :)

Tamika said...

That's great you have a dance hobby! My daughter wants to try out gymnastics.

glorygirl said...

Great layout! I had to giggle about the "old ladies strutting their stuff" comment. I took adult jazz and hip hop a few years ago and it amazed me how people cheered for us. We were not that good. LOL! Tap would be fun, too! Congrats to you for sticking with it!

Joanie said...

Wow, love you pages with such great ideas! This is a great blog for people like me just starting with Kiwi Lane Designs! Great job!
http://joaniespaperescape.blogspot.com/