Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy V-Day to My Guy

I know Valentine's Day is still a big day for so many couples, but here in the Funk household, we do things just a little different.  D and I started celebrating the holiday with the girls a few years ago.  Nothing too fancy, sometimes flowers, sometimes a date, but more times than not dinner at home with dessert, pop out of champagne glasses, and sweet love notes at each spot.

I thought I'd change it up just a bit this year and create a little something for hubby.  Not sure if he'll appreciate it as much as I, but I'm hoping he realizes the thought and love that went into it, and know how happy he's made me with this little life we've built together.   

One of the teachers at the LSS where I work found this little envelope mini album online somewhere, and I just had to make my own version, smaller, with more detail.  Here is what awaits the best guy I know. 














Mostly Chic Tags, and Cre8tive Cre8tions product used with random bits from my stash.
This makes me happy to look at!  Our life together is not perfect, and sometimes it's far from it. But at the end of the day, we know that we both want to stay true to the promise we made before God, our family, and our friends to love and honour one another until death do us part.  All this in between stuff, kids, work, chores, getaways...it all works together to give us a sweet little life.  Blessed we are.

Happy Valentine's Day friends!
Pin It

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeeeeee the mustache page!!!!

Unknown said...

This is amazing, Sherri! I love how much y'all love each other!!

Carla Anne Coroy said...

Looks great Sherri!

Anonymous said...

You are such a good wife! Great little album, and it's given me an idea for my own ;) except i think I'll have to save it for next year, since it's already V-Day today. HAHA!

MichelleMc said...

What a wonderful idea! This is beautiful!

glorygirl said...

Awesome little book! Hope he loves it! I love how committed you both are to your marriage. It's such a hard thing....but so worth it. For the two of you and your kiddos!!!

Tamika said...

That is so cool.

Nicole said...

This is so sweet... and GORGEOUS. Going crazy over that velum pocket of sequins.

Melinda Garner said...

I love this! Fantastic job!!