Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Playing With Water Colours

A quick share today.

The Sunday Challenge over at Chic Tags for the week is to use water colours.  The challenge was inspired by our Guest Designer for the month, the lovely Ms Lilith Eeckels.  I'll be honest I was pretty freaked out by it.  I am not an artist, and painting, with a brush, and diluting Heidi Swapp Color Shine, to me equals art.  I sucked it up, however, and summoned up some courage to just jump in and give it a go.

Here is what was born.

I simply used a paint brush to paint wide strokes across the page in smooth strokes from side to side.  I added a few bolder streaks here and there, and finished off the background with just a few mist blotches.

The cut file is from the Silhouette store.  I cut it out 12x12, and simply cut out a small piece to work with.  The rest I have saved for another project.
Not too shabby for my first time, I think.  Not sure I'll do it again.  But if there's anything I've learned in this life it's to never say never.

Have a great day, thanks so much for popping in! Pin It

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

And YOU ROCKED it!!! Looks GORGEOUS!!!

Brenshevia said...

it looks great Sherri, cant tell it was your first time!

Debbie P said...

I love it! The soft watercolor background is gorgeous! You did a fabulous job!

Lilith Eeckels said...

It is soooooo pretty. REALLY LOVE it!

Ashley Horton said...

I think you did a perfect job with the Water Colors, Sherri! And that photo is gorgeous! Love the softer colors on this page, with the contrast of the label printed journaling!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous.