Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Playing With Scraptastic Kit Club

Popping in to share a couple of layouts I posted over at the Sraptastic blog last week.  Funky Town, the June kit was packed with great papers and embellishments, and easy to create with.  It featured the fabulous BasicGrey Hipster collection.

The Hipster Collection came with a package of funky paper banners.  I loved the look of them, but really wanted to use them in a fun, less conventional way, and came up with this.
I decided to use them more like strips of patterned paper rather than actual banners above, or under my photo like usual.  For visual interest I flipped some of the pennants along the strand.  Lots of journaling on this one.  I wanted to capture what the day was all about, as I tagged along with Eden's class on a field trip to the Manitoba Legislative Building, The Forks, and the Children's Museum.  Notice the lack of title on this one.  There are a couple of reasons for that.  One, I thought the page was busy enough without it, and two, the photo and title would really match, this photos was just one of many taken throughout the day on our 3 stops, so I decided to skip the title and rather focus on the story in my journaling.

This next project was created for this month's sketch challenge.  The photos are of Théa and our little neighbour guy playing around in one of their trees in the backyard.  They were too cute not to capture 'on film' as a bonus they both happened to be wearing colours that matched the papers perfectly.
You can link up with Jana's sketch challenge here.
This one I shared earlier, it was my challenge for the month - to create a project using a triangle element.  As you can see I went to town with my Silhouette on this one.
You have one more day to link up your own version of using a triangle element on a project here.
I have one more project yet to share on the blog.  It is a Project Life spread using the kit.  That will be up next week, so keep an eye out for it.

The July kits have been revealed in all their goodness today.  Some really great Simple Stories, and Crate Papers this month to name a few.  Here is just a taste for you.

This Life Noted PL Kit

Out On The Town Kit

Rock Lobster Kit

Rock Lobster - stamp add on
Hop over to the Scraptastic blog to see each of the add on kits, and full content lists for yourselves.

Thanks for popping in today friends.  Hope your summer off to a great start! Pin It

4 comments:

Leslie Germain said...

Love your layouts. Great banners on the first one and like how you used the triangles on the 3rd one.

Ashley Horton said...

Awesome pages Sherri!! I really love the fun way you used those banner pieces!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are gorgeous! LOVING the colors and loving all the different shapes on the second one!!!

kate blue said...

loving all of the layouts....fantastic to take the banners in a up/down motion! Had to pin all of these!!! :):):)