Thursday, August 1, 2013

Paper Secrets Guest Designer

I was contacted by Kristi several months ago to consider a spot as their Guest Designer for August.  I was thrilled of course at having been asked.  I was even more thrilled at the opportunity to meet both her and her shop partner in crime Rochelle at CHA last week.  It was so great to have them stop by the Chic Tags booth.
Kristi(L), Rochelle(R)
For those of you unfamiliar with Paper Secrets you can check them out here. They are a paper crafting shop and challenge blog, with new sketch challenges with a twist released twice monthly.

I had the pleasure of working with the Summer Stories collection by Teresa Collins.
It is gorgeous, check it out
I had a really great sketch to work with.  A good sketch, combined with a fun new photo, and this gorgeous collection all made for a fairly quick layout for me.  Here are a few sneaks of my layout.



The twist this week is to use an embellishment with text, hence the Freckled Fawn "love" heart.  I'd love for you to pop over to the Paper Secrets Blog and see my completed project.  There will be a lot of inspiration from the DT also.  You may also link up a project of your own for your chance at a $10 gift certificate to the store.

Thanks for stopping by today friends! Pin It

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

CONGRATS!!!! So excited that you are guesting for them!! LOVING the sneaks!! Off to see more!!

Ashley Horton said...

Congrats Sherri!! Kristi is definitely so sweet to work with! You rocked the Teresa Collins and I love the modeling paste you added on your layout!

Lee-Anne said...

Congrats Sherri! This is pure awesomeness!

Kelly said...

Congratulations on the Guest Design spot and LOVE your sneaks and layout! So many beautiful elements and the stitching is amazing! :) I look forward to the next layout and inspiration!

Brenda said...

Congratulations Sherri on The GDT spot at PS! Love your layout and take on the sketch!

MelB said...

Congrats girl! Love that beautiful layout, you are one talented girl!

Leigh Penner said...

Congratulations on the GDT position, Sherri! So well deserved!
Beautiful layout!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Congrats on the GDT! Great sneeks. Love the details.:)

Loredana said...

congratulations!!!!!! I love you and your works!!!!! So So happy for you!!!