Friday, October 18, 2013

School House Rock

Here is a layout I shared on the Chic Tags blog the other day.
I was so happy when my girlfriend emailed me these photos of Eden.  This was her first day of Kindergarten 6 years ago.  She has always loved the camera...anybody's camera apparently.  These photos so wonderfully capture her sweetness, and spunk, and most of all her sheer excitement about FINALLY getting to go to school like her older sisters.

I've popped dotted one of the Photo Toppers, right over the File Card here, as well as the Mini Icon. The file cards are my absolute favourite Chic Tags product.  I considered making this one removable so I could include my journaling on it, but decided I liked the look of it sticking out the bottom of my paper strip too much.
 Another Photo Topper here, backed with one of the pennant stamps from the co-ordinating stamp set.
 A couple of the sweet hashtag stamps here.  I love stamping right onto my photo.  I find that Rangers Archival ink is the best ink for that.  And that strip of ruler paper is actually the top portion of a Mini Tag.

And the rub ons...oh the rub ons.  I'll be honest I gave up on rub ons years ago.  I gathered up the whole lot, including my pricy rub on tool and gave the entire bunch away at a crop several years ago.  I was tired of them cracking, and not coming off the backing nicely, and then leaving you with a mess to have to fix up on your layout.  But these rub ons....these are lovely.  They come off so nicely, and cleanly (the red stars and "FIRST DAY" are rub-ons), I found myself wanting to use them more and more as I scrapped the other night.  Veronica and Albert have done a wonderful job providing the industry with top of the line product all along, and these are no exception.  Each of the new collection has a co-ordinating package of rub ons.  Oh and that wonderful atlas flair is from A Flair For Buttons Etsy shop.

I was given these photos in June, and have been saving them until now to scrap them with the School House Collection I think the wait was worth it.  You can find the entire School House Collection in the Chic Tags store.

If you're interested my first post for A Flair For Buttons is up today.  Here's a little peek for you.
You can see the rest here if you'd like.

Thanks for stopping by today, hope you leave inspired to create something beautiful!
Pin It

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Agreed!! Their rub ons are AMAZING!! I loveeeeeeeeee them!!! And I loveeeeeeeee your lo!! LOVING the photos and the chalkboard!!!!

Chelsea said...

I agree about the rub ons, I hesitate to buy them! I love the quality of the paper from chic tags, it is amazing! This layout and the photos are awesome!! I love how you've devided up the background!

Leslie Germain said...

Such a great back to school layout. Love the softness of it. Going to check out your work on a flair for buttons. What I see looks wonderful.

Nicole said...

Those pictures are priceless! Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the rub ons. I love the opaque look of rub ons but have always hated them for the reasons you first spoke of!

Ashley Horton said...

Awesome use of the Schoolhouse collection, Sherri!! Great design and I love these cute photos!