Wednesday, June 18, 2014

You & Me

Just had to document a quick little coffee Belle and I had a couple of weeks ago.  I used the new Cloud 9 Collection to do so.
We made a little stop at Tim Horton's to celebrate her 2nd last orthodontist appointment.  July 15 can't come soon enough for this girl, she's even got a countdown running on her iPhone.
I just love the look of white on white, and the pops of colour in this collection make it even more fun to design tone on tone layouts.
I am so happy that Albert & Veronica to decided to create flair for their new collections, as you know I'm a sucker for great flair buttons.
Using minimal patterned paper, also allows me to easily mix and match remnants from my stash helping me to try and use it up, something I think we can all use a little help with right?!  This little Fancy Pants pocket was perfect to hold my journaling tag, and matched so nicely with the rest of the collection.
I pulled out my neglected Tim Holtz blending tool, some pink distress ink, and my old Pink Paislee stencil, and went to town dressing up my naked cardstock. I really love this like, and sure would love to know how to layer more ink, and gesso on top of it.  Maybe one day I'll actually break out of my "clean" box, and go for it.

Thanks for stopping by today friends! Pin It

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING that photo and all the little bits you added!!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

This is such a sweet layout! I really love the design and you are a master at embellishment placement!

Ashley Horton said...

Such a cute use of the Cloud 9 collection, Sherri!! I love all of the embellishments you used on your page!

Unknown said...

What a great thing to countdown! she is so close! Love the layout, I love how the colors pop on the white

Anonymous said...

Really love love how you use the Chic Tags products on this one. So inspiring.

Amber said...

Hi, Sherri! I love your blog and the layouts you create and share - very inspirational! I'm coming to Winnioeg this summer and would love your advice on the best scrapbook store(s) there. Sadly, Saskatoon has no stores left so I need to stock up when we travel! Thank you for your advice :)

Sherri said...

Hi Amber, I have no way to get in touch with you, but if you shoot me a message at sherrifunk@gmail.com I'd be happy to give you my opinion :)

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Very cute! Love the white & neat layering!

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous, Sherri! I love it!