Friday, October 17, 2014

Breathe

With all that's been going on in the Funk household over the past couple of weeks, it makes me even more nostalgic for the dog days of summer, especially ones spent at our friends' cottage with a view like this.


I used my favourite piece of patterned paper from the Pink Paislee Solstice collection.  I cut it apart and machine stitched it back down to create a new background for my layout.  When you're able to create so much visual detail with a simple piece of background paper you don't need much more to complete a layout, even when layers and clusters of embellishments are your "go to" design.  These sweet gold foam shapes are a perfect compliment to the colours and design. And how great is it when manufacturers create some cross-over in colour scheme so you are able to mix and match from one collection to another?  The alphas from my title are from the Switchboard collection.  Just another reason why I like to create my layouts using primarily one manufacturer.  I'll do anything I can to reduce my average time of 1.5-3 hours to create one layout. You can see all the latest Pink Paislee collection in the Paper Issues shop right here.  Including the gorgeous Merry & Bright.
This will be my December Daily collection of choice.  

Use code:SHERRI to save yourself 20% off your entire purchase. Don't forget that all orders $60 and over before discount qualify for FREE shipping within the us.

Okay enough with the Christmas talk, I am really not ready to welcome the snow and cold, as per usual.  It feels like we've barely had a Fall to speak of, and we certainly didn't have much of a Summer season to boast about either.  We really did get the short end of Mother Nature's stick this past year.  The Winter season promises to be as horrid as it was last year, the only upside this year is that we will be heading to Disney for 10 days at the end of January.  Can't wait to see some new sights this time around, and hit up Universal and Islands of Adventure again.  What about you reader, any Winter holiday plans in the works?
Pin It

5 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous and CAS, love how you used that paper, it's really beautiful!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!! This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeee the way you did those sunbursts!! And I chose Simple Stories "Cozy Christmas" for my DD this year! I have already started the base of it :)

Sasha Farina said...

with a view like that... i think i won't leave. lol

Leigh Penner said...

I bought that Solstice patterned paper, as well as the Christmas line -- they are both wonderful! Fabulous layout, Sherri!

Leslie Germain said...

I love what you did with the sun bursts! Pinning this one too!!!