Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Paper Camellia January Sketch

My very first project for Paper Camellia was to work with the January sketch.  Kristine Davidson provided us with a fun one to kick off the year. I grabbed a couple of cell phone 'daughter selfies', and set to work.
How gorgeous is this Beautiful Chic wood grain paper, combined with the luscious gold of the Dear Lizzy embellishments?  And that gold title, it's foam!  I was curious how these gold words would look being foam and not chipboard.  I am a fan, so easy to work with, easy to peel away from the backing, and easy to re-position (especially for non commital scrappers like myself, hats off to all of you who use glue on your pages!)

This kid is forever grabbing my phone and capturing her silly moments with it.  I secretly enjoy finding these little treasures on my phone, they always make for fun scrappy pages. I chose to keep the journaling hidden, thinking that having 3 photos on the page would leave me little room once I added all the embellies that I wanted.  The tag peeking out add to the design and that fun little cluster and also holds the story behind the photo.

Here is this month's sketch.
Did you know that playing along with the sketch, and linking up to the Paper Camellia gallery here, or even the sketch blog post here could earn you a $10 gift certificate to the Paper Camellia shop?  We would love to see what you create.  And don't forget you can also share your work with us anytime on social media.  You'll find our Facebook Page here, and our Instagram account here.

Thinking about getting your hands on a Paper Camellia kit next month?  Hop over to this page and sign up now, these kits don't last long, January is already all sold out.



Thanks for popping it today friends.  I sure appreciate the visit! Pin It

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So pretty, love what the vellum does for your page!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING the wood paper and those adorable photos!!!!!

Unknown said...

super pretty, love your first layout and what you did with the sketch!

Leslie Germain said...

Gorgeous page! Happy New Year, Sherri!!

Ruth G said...

Gorgeous page! I adore that pool wood grained paper, the gold title (foam? fun!!!) the vellum!
Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring! This is an awesome sketch - I need to use it!!!